Welcome to Nursery's Class Page.
Welcome back after the Christmas break!
If there are any problems or queries, please do not hesitate to come and see me or one of the team – our door is always open. Here at St Mary’s we believe communication between home and school is an essential factor for a wonderful learning experience.
We hope that you have fun listening to the children telling you all about the fun we have in Nursery
Our topic for our first half term in 2019 is ‘Space’, where we will be learning all about different rockets, planets and astronauts and much more.
Miss Dempsey is the Nursery Teacher and the Teaching Assistants are Mrs MacMillan and Mrs Howard-Cofield. Miss Smith will cover my PPA (Every Monday PM)
- Uniform - We do ask all children to wear a school uniform. A white polo shirt with either grey pants or grey skirt should be worn
- Spare Clothes - All children should have a bag in school with spare clothes - accidents do happen
- Water Bottle – Children should bring a water bottle into school with their name clearly labelled on it, for when they get thirsty. We do ask parents to make sure that the bottle contains only water
- Names - Please make sure all children have their names in all items of their uniform. It avoids tears when things go missing and really helps staff
- Book Bag - If your child has a school book bag, they can bring home a book from our library to share at home
- Weather Attire - All children need a pair of wellies and a raincoat (with their names on) With the fantastic English weather, we can expect lots of rain!
Things to do at Home
- Phonics - To build up our listening skills, draw your child’s attention to what they can hear around them. The rain, an alarm, some birds? Anything is fab!
- Reading - Read with your child as much as possible and encourage them to discuss their favourite characters and favourite book(s)
- Maths - Draw your child’s attention to numbers and shapes within their environment e.g. door numbers, shapes of household items
- Topic - Discuss family life with your child, including immediate family members along with their visual traits and what makes them so special.