Welcome to St Mary's Nursery
If you are enquiring about a Nursery place, please contact the school office for a form. We have very limited places available!!
We have had many enquiries from parents regarding the new 30 hours entitlement which is due to come into force from September 2017. We thought it would be useful to provide the latest information we have so that parents are aware of the criteria they must meet to be eligible and also how they might apply for a funded 30 hour place. Please click here for more information.
In Nursery we have Mr Jenkins, Mrs McCormick (formally Miss Newman from last year), Mrs Garrett, and our class mascot Buster Bear!
To keep up to date on what is going on in Nursery and around the rest of the school, please go to our official school Facebook page for all the latest pictures and breaking news!
Our topic for our first half term is ‘All About Me’, where we will be learning all about ourselves and our new friends. We will be exploring what makes us all so very special and what our favourite things to do are. Here is our MTP
- Uniform - We do ask all children to wear a school uniform. A white polo shirt with either grey pants or grey skirt should be worn
- Spare Clothes - All children should have a bag in school with spare clothes, accidents do happen
- Water Bottle – Children should bring a water bottle into school with their name clearly labelled on it, for when they get thirsty. We do ask parents to make sure that the bottle contains only water
- Names - Please make sure all children have their names in all items of their uniform. It avoids tears when things go missing and really helps staff
- Book Bag - If your child has a school book bag, they can bring home a book from our library to share at home
- Weather Attire - All children need a pair of wellies and a raincoat (with their names on), with the fantastic English weather, we can expect lots of rain
Things to do at Home
- Phonics - To build up our listening skills, draw your child’s attention to what they can hear around them. The rain, an alarm, some birds? Anything is fab!
- Reading - Read with your child as much as possible and encourage them to discuss their favourite characters and favourite book(s)
- Maths - Draw your child’s attention to numbers and shapes within their environment. E.g. door numbers, shapes of household items
- Topic - Discuss family life with your child, including immediate family members along with their visual traits and what makes them so special
I am looking forward to getting to know you and your children over this coming year. Let’s have a great one! Starting at school can be an emotional time for parents and children alike, but don’t worry, they’re about to start the most magical journey of their lives and they’re in good hands!
If there are any problems or queries, please do not hesitate to come and see me or one of the team – our door is always open for a chat, perhaps even accompanied with a biscuit! Here at St Mary’s we believe communication between home and school is an essential factor for a wonderful learning experience.
We hope that you have fun listening to the children telling you all about the fun we have in Nursery.
Mr Jenkins and Team
Click here for a copy of our Prospectus.