Home schooling in year 4 continued...
Home schooling in year 4...
Danica's acrostic poem:
During the School Closure, we will provide ideas for work and things to do at home here. As always, please visit our Learning Zone for a variety of suggested activities and electronic resources.
Hello Year 4!
I hope you are all well; I am missing you all LOTS! We are now entering our summer term; hopefully we will get lots of sunny weather so you can enjoy time outside!
For Maths and English, please carry on using Bitesize, Purple Mash or Espresso daily. Please make sure you are also using TT Rockstars to practise your times tables!
Purple Mash and Espresso are also fantastic for any topic work and will be useful to look at for the following things we would have been learning during the summer term:
- Science: States of matter- See ideas underneath this post.
- History: Ancient Egypt- See ideas underneath this post.
- Geography: Rivers and water cycles-
- Draw a diagram to show the key aspects of the water cycle.
- Use this knowledge to then create your own rain cloud.
- Look into the causes and effects of flooding.
- D&T: Cooking and nutrition-
- Plan a healthy meal.
- Write down all ingredients that are needed (shopping list.).
- Write down the recipe and method for the meal.
- Make the meal, with help and then review the meal.
Welcome to Year 4 Class Page!
Well, here we are again, a brand new school year!
We have lots of exciting things planned for this year and lots of fantastic new things to learn!
This year, the multiplication times table check has been put in to place for all year 4 pupils around the country. Therefore, we are going to put a lot of focus on learning our times tables facts this year. Times Table Rock Stars will particularly help the children. The assessment is online so TTRS is a very handy app for the children to practice on!
Please see our medium term plan. This is everything we will be learning about in the Autumn term:
Miss Royle- Teacher
Mrs Gumbley- Teaching assistant
Miss Smith- PPA cover teacher
- Swimming: Starts on Friday 13th September.
Swimming will last for 17 weeks.
- Reading books: Reading books will be changed on a Monday and sent home along with spellings. Reading book bags will need to be brought in every Friday.
- Homework: Although the children will not be bringing home written homework, it is essential that the children are practicing their times tables and reading every night- thank you! The children will come home with a spelling practise sheet which will need to be returned on Fridays.
- Websites: These websites are incredibly useful for the children:
If you have any questions, please come and see me- my door is always open!
Miss Royle :)
Year 4 Teacher.