Welcome to St Mary's RC Nursery
We love God, we love learning, we love each other
Application forms for our Nursery are available at the school office
Welcome to St Mary's RC Nursery
Teacher: Miss Riley
Teaching Assistant: Mrs MacMillan
Our class email is: firstname.lastname@example.org
Welcome to St Mary's
A very warm welcome to St Mary's!
The children have already made a fantastic start to their year in Nursery & we are extremely proud of how well they have settled into their new environment & routines. We hope you enjoy hearing about all the exciting things we do in Nursery!
Miss Riley & Mrs MacMillan are the full time staff in Nursery. Mrs MacMillan will cover PPA on a Friday PM & we will also be supported by Miss Kelly several afternoons a week.
Please visit our school website, class page & our Facebook page to keep up to date with all our latest EYFS & whole school news.
This half term nursery's topic is What's in the egg?
- Uniform - We ask all children to wear a school uniform. A white polo shirt with either grey pants or grey skirt/pinafore should be worn
- Spare Clothes - All children should have a bag in school with spare clothes - accidents do happen!
- Water Bottle – Children should bring a water bottle into school with their name clearly labelled on it. We do ask parents to make sure that the bottle contains only water
- Names - Please make sure children have their names in all items of their uniform. It avoids tears when things go missing and really helps staff
- Book Bag - If your child has a school book bag, they can bring home a book from our library to share at home
- Wet weather Attire - All children need a pair of wellies in school and a raincoat (with their names on)
Things to do at Home
- Phonics - This term we will continue to develop our Phase 2 phonics skills. Can your child make the correct sounds for Phase 2 Set 2 sounds i, n, m and d?
- Reading - Read with your child as much as possible and encourage them to discuss their favourite characters and favourite book(s)
- Writing - Encourage your child to write their name as well as phase 2 sounds s,a,t,p i and n!
- Maths - To begin the term, nursrey class will begin by exploring shapes. Encourage your child to discuss properties of shapes. What shapes can your child identify in their environment?
Miss Riley, Mrs MacMillan & the EYFS Team
St Patrick's Day!
Today, pupils enjoyed using their creative skills to decorate Shamrocks!
World Book Day!
Nursery have had a wonderful week reading their favourite stories and exploring books written by various authors. On Friday, pupils came dressed as their favourite character from a story they love! Didn't they look amazing? What's your favourite book?
Nursery class enjoyed learning all about Shove Tuesday, pupils especially loved making delicious pancakes!
St David's Day
Pupils colored in beautiful daffodils to celebrate St David's Day!
Pupils have been very bust learning about St Valentine and making beautiful cards for somebody they consider to be special.
Nursery class wish you all a Very Happy Valentines!
Nursery have loved recreating the tale of Jesus' birth. Pupils used their incredible expressive skills to sing and perform in this years nativity!
Our first week exploring EYFS outdoor area!
What an incredible first week in Nursery! Pupils have settled in beautifully and especially enjoyed enhancing their physical development skills in the EYFS outdoor area. Nursery class have demonstrated excellent climbing skills on our brand new climbing frame. In addition, pupils have enjoyed riding bikes, creating castles in the sand pit, building walls all whilst playing beautifully alongside other children. What an excellent first week, well done Nursery!
Nursery 2020-2021 final week!
Thank you so much Nursery class for an incredible academic year, it has been a pleasure! We have had such an exciting last week too! Nursery enjoyed their Pirate and Princess themed party, a watertight as well as an ice cream from the ice cream lady. We are so lucky to have celebrated our last week in the most fun way. Thank you for being superstars, myself Mrs Macmillan and Mr Wombell all look forward to seeing all the progress you will continue to make along your academic journey at St Mary's.
Miss Riley x
Today in Early Years we released our butterflies into the the world
Nursery class had so much fun today completing Euro themed activities! Pupils designed their own football kits, used their fine motor skills to make England flags and used their amazing writing skills to write today's favorite phrase "it's coming home". Fantastic work nursery, well done! Miss Riley
Espresso is an online learning platfrom which gives you access to a large range of interactive learning resources to support your child's learning at home.
If you click on the Foundation year group you will find many age approptaite stories, games & educational videos.
You can access this website using the following link & login details
Login: student 18703